Friday 9 December 2016

Teach some telephone manners to this woman!

Woman calls an old man and the driver picks the call. 

Woman: Hello

Driver: Hello

Woman: Is my boss's father there? 

Driver doesn't reply, but shouts from there itself, "sir, sir, call for you!"

Old man: Hello

Woman: Hello sir, it's me!

Old man: Oh, is that you? I thought some important call and came running!

Woman: Yes sir. It's me, the driver didn't even ask who was on the call and gave it to you!

Old man: (sounds miffed) You don't have manners to talk in the phone!

Woman: (confused) What?!

Old man: You don't have proper manners to talk over the phone. When you call a person, you should say who you are first...

Woman: If the driver had asked who it is, I would have told him then itself. 

Old man: That's not the manners. You were not given proper manners. You should first tell who you are, talk to my driver, enquire about his family...

Woman: (miffed) Maybe culture difference!

Old man: No, I have seen many others from your place, I have worked with them. All cultures are same, there's no difference...

Woman: (shocked) Oh!

Woman tries to argue, but the old man keeps shouting from the other side...

Old man: I know your character. You purposefully didn't talk to my driver. If you had a good character and good manners you would have done that...

Woman thinks, "oh, man! Am I a customer service agent who is calling to sell any product to say, 'Good morning sir. I'm so and so, calling you from the State Bank of India/ ICICI Bank/Union Bank/blah blah blah... Is it the right time to talk to you blah blah blah?'"

The old man shifts the topic from manners to character and the argument continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment