Monday 24 July 2017

Short wives and tall husbands have the best marriages!

I don’t consider myself to be a very tall person, but I’m not shorty, either. In fact, I’m pretty average when it comes to the height department (but when it comes to the weight numbers, I would rather not say).

My husband on the other hand is pretty tall. Like, really tall. He towers over most people that we know and it looks like our children might end up surpassing me in height thanks to his Jolly Green Giant genes. Of course, I’m not complaining. In fact, there’s a new study that says short wives who marry tall husbands actually have very happy marriages (and uber exciting sex lives). Ok, the second part there might have been an exaggeration (or not), but it looks like your height and your partner’s height plays an important role in the happiness factor.

New research shows that couples with the biggest height differences have the happiest relationships.


Dr Kitae Sohn, from Konkuk University in Seoul, South Korea, conducted a study that said height has a lot to do with happiness, especially when it comes to married couples. The study found that a taller husband was directly related to the happiness of the wife. But here’s the kicker: these effects eventually fade in a marriage. Yikes.

“Although it has been known that women prefer tall men in mating for evolutionary reasons, no study has investigated whether a taller husband makes his wife happier,” Dr Sohn explained in the journal Personality and Individual Differences. “A greater height difference in a couple was positively related to the wife’s happiness.”

He added that the relationship between height and happiness gradually weakened over time and entirely dissipated by 18 years of marital duration.

Of course, the Internet had a lot to say about this study. People either agree or disagree with the research. Some comments have included:

“Primal desire to propagate taller offspring is more powerful than we realize. Sorry short guys.”

Another says, “That’s just great. Where am I going to find a three foot tall woman…”

“I’m 5’3 and my ex husband is 6’4. I’m currently in a relationship with a man 5’7 and never been so happy in relationship.” another commenter says. “It depends on the soul connection not physical height.”

I would have to agree with a lot of the critics that say height in this matter is nothing but a number. But then again, I know what I’m attracted to. I’ve always loved taller guys and that’s one of the reasons why I married my husband. Sure, personality is important, but you have to be attracted to the guy to make your marriage work, too! We’re not walking around with our eyes closed here, people!

(Source: Hot Moms Club)

No comments:

Post a Comment