Friday 29 March 2019

Bride finds secret message from late mom on wedding shoes

‘Wanted you to have a gift from me on your wedding day’

A bride was shocked to discover a secret message engraved on the soles of her wedding shoes, written by her late mother prior to her death.

In December 2016, Emma Letts, from Kibworth Beauchamp in Leicestershire, became engaged to her fiancé Richard Wilson.

But just a month later she was informed her mother had been diagnosed with lung cancer and given just one to two years to live.

Ms Letts' mother passed away in 2017, before having the chance to see her daughter walk down the aisle.

Unbeknownst to the bride, however, the older woman had organised a surprise with the help of Ms Letts' wedding shoe designer, Lace and Love.

On Saturday 9 March, Ms Letts, whose wedding is due to take place in August this year, received her wedding heels in the mail.

As she inspected them, she spotted the message her mother had arranged to have engraved on them, with the assistance of Lace and Love's Amanda Weise.

The shoe manufacturer, Lace and Love, received an 'emotional phone call' from the bride when she received the bespoke heels (Lace and Love)
"Wanted you to have a gift from me on your wedding day. Your wedding shoes are my gift to you," the message reads.

"Hope you have a magical day. Lots and lots love and big hugs MUM xxxx."

Ms Letts explained there have been "lots of tears" while planning her wedding without her mother, and so to receive the message on the shoes was an "absolute shock". 

"I started to cry... I was just absolutely in bits. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't talk," she told the BBC.

'I am so glad I could be a part of this,' says Lace and Love's Amanda Weise (Lace and Love)
Ms Weise told The Independent that adding personalised messages to shoes is a service the company offers.

She said: "I asked her mother if she would like to send one to be put on the soles and the message you see was exactly what she sent me. I am so glad I could be part of this and make these shoes for her that mean so much not only to her, but to people all over the world."

Ms Letts' mother also paid for the heels, without her daughter's knowledge.

Lace and Love shared a series of photographs of the shoes on its Facebook page, prompting many to praise the shoe designer for providing the bride with an "amazing gift for her to treasure".

"I don't think anything could have prepared me for the response they would get," Ms Weise said. "It's the perfect illustration of how a personalised service like mine can mean so much to people."

She added she had received messages of goodwill from people around the world.

"The response to the shoes has been nothing short of mind blowing, I'm honestly so shocked and amazed with the amount of people the story has reached," she said.

(Source: Independent)

No comments:

Post a Comment