Sunday 23 September 2018

The taste of broken promises

Some beautiful 'Words Unspoken'

"Your first love is
unforgettable
until,
the love of your life
walks in
and makes it forgettable."



"You're not
the man I love, anymore.
you're just
a man I used to know."



"I minimise the bad.
I blow the good
out of proportions.
And that's how
I keep myself from
letting go.
By fooling my heart
into believeing that you were
something more
than the coward
that you actually are."


"I never
wanted to stop
having firsts
with you,
but,
somehow
lasts were
more your thing."



"I wasn't yours to have
and you,
weren't mone to lose.
But you,
had me anyway
and I,
lost you all the same."


"What I once love,
what made you special,
is a thing of the past.
You were the face of sunny days
and wild flowers
breaking through concrete
and other unlikely places.
Now,
you are nothing more than
the feel of open wounds,
knots stuck down my throat
and the taste of
broken promises."

1 comment:

  1. Combing through a couple of articles on your blog, I perceived that your strategy of allocating such commendable piece of guidance here is appreciable. The way you impart common piece of information is praiseworthy. Keep sharing.
    English practice App | English speaking app

    ReplyDelete