Monday 20 February 2017

This divorced dad's brilliant post about his ex-wife is going viral - for all the right reasons

How many men, divorced men give the credit to their ex-wife? I haven't come across any so far! All the divorced men I have come across are busy blaming and shitting their ex-wives. But hats off to this Boston-based guy who celebrated his ex-wife's birthday, to show other single men out there on how to bring up children all alone in a good way. I'm sure his two little boys will be wonderful men when they grow up, as they have the best dad as an example. They will treat women as angels and not as some shit!

"For once in the history of the internet, a man's Facebook rant about his ex-wife is actually quite heartwarming," says indy 100.

Boston-based Billy Flynn Gadbois decided to surprise his ex-wife on her birthday by bringing her flowers and cards with his children.

"Per usual", he says, "someone asked me why the hell I still do things for her all the time. This annoys me So ima break it down for you all."

And he proceeded to do so.


"It's my ex-wife's birthday today so I got up early and brought flowers and cards and a gift over for the kids to give her and helped them make her breakfast.

Per usual someone asked me why the hell I still do things for her all the time. This annoys me. So ima break it down for you all.

I'm raising two little men. The example I set for how I treat their mom is going to significantly shape how they see and treat women and affect their perception of relationships.

I think even more so in my case because we are divorced. So if you aren't modelling good relationship behaviour for your kids, get your sh*t together.

Rise above it and be an example. This is bigger than you.

Raise good men. Raise strong women. Please. The world needs them, now more than ever."

However, Gadbois told indy100 that it wasn't always so easy.

"We didn't do as well as we would have liked in the first bit of our divorce. We had to take our lumps and learn our lessons along the way, that's for sure.

We had things to overcome on both sides to be able to set our own cr*p aside to focus on the kids instead of our own anger and resentments. It's not easy, but it can be done!

We've worked hard over time to establish our boundaries and find ways to manage our interactions so our own issues are minimalised or left at home when it comes to the kids.

It's an ongoing process but you can see a huge difference in the happiness and confidence and security of the boys since we started working at it."

No comments:

Post a Comment