Wednesday 19 April 2017

Arnab Goswami was "barred from studio" days before he left

The senior journalist says he was sad and hurt by the way he was treated, says an article published on on TNM: 

More than four months after he stepped down as Times Now Editor-in-Chief, Arnab Goswami has now revealed that he was stopped from entering his studio at the channel just days before he left the organisation.

Speaking at a session organised by News 24 recently, Arnab, who used to anchor Times Now’s flagship show "The Newshour", said, "Two days before I left Times Now, I was stopped from doing my show. I was told I was not allowed to do the show. You must have noticed 18th November was my last day (at Times Now)."

Expressing hurt and disappointment at the way he was treated in his last days with the news channel, Arnab said, "I was not allowed to enter my own studio, the studio I built... Manek (speaking to the anchor), I was very upset. When you build an institution and you are not allowed to enter your own studio, you feel sad. It hurts you."

Arnab, whose new media venture Republic TV is expected to launch soon, announced that he had declared his independence from fake and compromised media. “I don’t need security, but we will raise these questions. The only question is this: Will we ask difficult questions or will we avoid them?”

On November 1, 2016, Arnab Goswami quit from his position of Editor-in-Chief and President, News, of Times Now and ET Now. On December 15, Goswami had announced this new project, the Republic.


No comments:

Post a Comment